It’s good to see you here! You probably care about your self-being, your organization and society, and want to get inspired by how “The Doing Good Model” is helping implement values that can create a better world.
We’ve taken decades of organizational experience, backed it up with academic research, and created a comprehensive easy-to-use manual – designed for leaders like you.
Here you will find a range of concepts, ideas and tools to easily implement values in your daily organizational routines.
If you are using this guide, you are part of a growing community of determined leaders responsibility, not only for themselves and their family, but also for the people around them and for the planet we live in.
Feel free to contact us. We would love to hear your story and support your “doing good” efforts.
The Doing Good Model
A sustainable values-based business model for positive creation worldwide. The model combines 13 fundamental human values for the benefit of society, economy, and ecology.
Circles of influence for promoting doing good
- intro The changes start with the individual, who influences the organization, which influences the community and the environment.
- quote by A person of values, who believes, experiences, and acts according to their values, will be a better manager. One that is more effective, communicates better, more productive, and who will positively influence their environment. Managers like this will lead the organization to achieve their vision, goals, and values concerning all the stakeholders, and will positively affect the community and the environment.
Dimensions of implementation
- intro The connection of the individual, the organization, or community to the values of doing good can be expressed in the dimensions of beliefs, actions, or experiences. The implementation of the value or values can be carried out during a natural evolution process or by a conscious choice.
- quote by Every entity in the circles of influence can feel some kind of connection to the value. Some will turn directly to actions (doing), others may open their beliefs to the value (believing) or will experience the value (being). The Doing Good Model is dynamic; there are reciprocal relations and overlaps between the values and the conceptions, and sometimes even "contradictions" or conflicts.
- intro Recognizing that everything exists and taking responsible action for ensuring ‘what is’.
- Organizational By developing an abundance mindset, organizations can make a positive and meaningful change in the lives of millions of people.
- Interpersonal Connection Letting go of the internal barriers that hold us back through the adoption of an innovative perception of abundance.
- Individual Embrace a consciousness of abundance and an open mindset, and you will find that there are simple obtainable solutions to your most complex challenges.
- Society Recognition that abundance is everywhere and it is fully within our reach, but we are also responsible for preserving the natural resources that make up this abundance so that they can persist for future generations.
- quote Life in abundance comes only through great love
- quote by Leo Buscaglia
Added value for Humanity
- intro The courage and ability to lead to a better world by connecting between thought, emotion and actions, and the fulfilment of the universal potential.
- Organizational Promoting collaborative activities between various teams and business units can encourage the understanding of each other’s differences and, in turn, lead to internal organizational change which is needed for adding value to humanity.
- Interpersonal Connection Commitment to fulfilling the will and vision to take responsibility for each and every one around us.
- Individual An opportunity to create a positive impact on the world while understanding others' perspectives.
- Society Our ultimate goal is to create and maintain partnerships that magnify impact through collaboration.
- quote Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
- quote by Mahatma Gandhi
- intro Harmonious existence with all the components that create the whole.
- Organizational Once we've created the right conditions to work together, we can encourage team members to be more cooperative.
- Interpersonal Connection The understanding that everyone brings with them a unique combination of point of views and interests.
- Individual Incorporate mindfulness into your daily life and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.
- Society Tolerance towards conflicts and disagreements in a way that helps improve collaborations.
- quote In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time.
- quote by Leonardo da Vinci
- intro The freedom (and the desire) to choose, based on responsibility and understanding of the framework of abilities and economic possibilities at any given moment.
- Organizational The organization should manage its resources efficiently and effectively using business models that provide value to all the stakeholders involved in the business (including employees, suppliers, communities, etc.).
- Interpersonal Connection Inspiration for passing on knowledge to different audiences.
- Individual An individual who has the capabilities to: manage their own finances, search for and evaluate information in order to make wise financial decisions, and define, plan and execute goals – are able to achieve their life goals more effectively.
- Society Expanding circles of influence through collaborations and delivering the knowledge and tools needed to address today's financial challenges.
- quote An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- quote by Benjamin Franklin
- intro Realizing the self’s full potential (while being at peace with our choices).
- Organizational Defining the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategic goals.
- Interpersonal Connection Creating a network of contacts that serves as an important tool in personal, professional and managerial development.
- Individual Being present, having a sense of purpose and accepting your choices and decisions.
- Society One’s vocation becomes a measure of their success.
- quote Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
- quote by Albert Einstein
- intro Give your own from a sincere, empowering and true place.
- Organizational Listening to the needs of the organization and the needs and challenges of the community.
- Interpersonal Connection Giving to each other and our fellow neighbors, both within the organization and the community.
- Individual Turning the organization's employees into deed-does.
- Society Establishing sincere and ongoing cooperation with various bodies.
- quote Not for ourselves alone are we born
- quote by by Cicero
- intro An internal, personal, continuous and constant process that leads us to a quiet place, balanced and tranquil within us.
- Organizational An organization that has a vision and knows what it wants to be can run its operations effectively.
- Interpersonal Connection Creating the right relationships that will allow you to be who you want to be. This is achieved by defining the values that will serve as your personal compass for use in different interpersonal behaviors and communication styles.
- Individual Accept your strengths and weaknesses and focus on your internal self to be the person you really want to be.
- Society Acting in an environment that allows you to express your feelings and emotions, while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- quote To achieve peace in the world, each one of us must achieve peace within ourselves and with our surroundings. Peace begins within us.
- quote by Shari Arison
Language & Communication
- intro A range of channels that facilitate the sending and receiving of information with a synchronization, authenticity, respect and precision which lead to an understanding of messages the way they are.
- Organizational Performing meaningful activities with employees and customers encourages the implementation of positive language and effective communication.
- Interpersonal Connection Positive language and communication enable a discourse that empowers, accepts and provides the foundations for building trust and success.
- Individual A positive self-consciousness provides you with the benefit of happiness, increases your chances of success, and enables you to reach your fullest potential.
- Society When we work from a community-based approach, both in our personal and professional life, we inspire others to communicate in a more effective way.
- quote One kind word can warm three winter months.
- quote by Japanese Proverb
- intro The clarity of thoughts, intentions and actions.
- Organizational Implementing an effective Ethical Code reflects the organization’s desired values and the guidelines it has set for maintaining honesty, fair dealing and integrity throughout its operations.
- Interpersonal Connection Feeling free to always share our feelings and opinions, thus creating a productive workspace.
- Individual Be authentic and loyal to universal values to better express your thoughts, emotions and to achieve peace of mind.
- Society We should be clear about our intentions and desires out of the understanding that our choices affect others, and vice versa, other people's choices affect our own.
- quote So act that you use humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, always at the same time as an end, never merely as a means.
- quote by Immanuel Kant
- intro Protecting and enhancing existence through economic, social and environmental balance – for us and for the generations to come.
- Organizational Developing activities that reduce one’s environmental imprint and ecological footprint.
- Interpersonal Connection Adopting a healthy lifestyle that focuses on minimizing household waste to as little as possible.
- Individual The beginning of the process stems from the personal responsibility of the individual.
- Society Promoting environmental initiatives and additional efforts in order to effectively embrace sustainability.
- quote Make sure you don't ruin or destroy My world. If you do, there will be no one after you to fix it.
- quote by Rabbah 7:1 13, on Kohelet (Ecclesiastes) 7:13
- intro An internal driving energy that enables a dynamic pace of life, vibrancy and consent renewal.
- Organizational Increasing employees' energy levels: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- Interpersonal Connection Surrounding ourselves by good people.
- Individual Restrain from behaviors that drain your energy and, instead, do more activities that boost your energy.
- Society Energy management is the key to maintaining a long-term level of performance.
- quote Today is your day. You're off to Great Places! You're off and away!
- quote by Dr. Seuss
- intro Action in the community, based on inner strength and love for others.
- Organizational Volunteering generates better business value alongside employee empowerment and loyalty.
- Interpersonal Connection Generating added value from building social togetherness; getting closer and feeling enthusiastic about doing good
- Individual Those who do good are happier, healthier people with a higher sense of meaning and purpose.
- Society Individual, community and organizational volunteering is extremely important for developing a thriving community.
- quote To be doing good deeds is man's most glorious task.
- quote by Sophocles
We Are All One
- intro Each person has his or her uniqueness. All of us comprise the whole and constitute part of it.
- Organizational Promoting diversity and inclusion among employees and the organization's target audiences.
- Interpersonal Connection Every member contributes knowledge and meaning to their community.
- Individual Each human being is a unique and special individual, and yet together we all are one – like a single interconnected organism, where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Society Increasing the degree of mutuality of respect for each other, as well as the level of shared interactions and hope.
- quote Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.
- quote by Margaret Mead